One of the perks of being a Read Write Now volunteer tutor is sharing in the success of your student. We love to receive feedback from tutors in regard to students reaching their goals, short or long term. Here are some examples of what students have achieved:
- passed all relevant areas of his Police Entrance Exam
- requested support for her enrolled nursing course, finished training and now has a job at the local hospital
- read first entire book and has now joined a bookclub
- has gained confidence in her own reading and writing abilities
- is now able to help other women in the community with filling in forms
- completed a degree in library studies while still keeping her part-time job
- completed a Cert III in Aged Care, when many others dropped out, and now has a job working as a carer
- now has his first job ever!
- improved her writing and learned a lot, is going back to TAFE
Jan and Maureen were matched in March 2015 and when they finished working together recently, Maureen wrote this thank you letter to the group Coordinator. Maureen was more than happy for us to publish it and you can read it here.